In general he recognizes that we are going through a major transition which started in 2007. We are on our way to a new economic and monetary situation. Major transitions are characterized by unstability, or a bubbly environment. That will continue till one of the following scenarios becomes reality:
- Chaos, or monetary collapse.
- A basket of currencies acting as a world reserve currency.
- SDR (special drawing rights) issued by the IMF.
- A form of a gold standard.
Mr. Rickards still expects a collapse of the dollar as the most likely outcome. That has not changed since he has written his book.
- Source, Gold Silver Worlds: